Kindergarten, Grade 1, and Grade 2 are Prelude Early Prep Students.
Early Prep students develop a strong personal and academic foundation, preparing them for a future of possibilities. Our focus is a rigorous curriculum that builds knowledge across all subject areas combined with play and an emphasis on civic education. Students participate in hands-on, engaging assignments where they are challenged and supported to meet high levels of excellence. Students build strong social and emotional learning skills through daily indoor and outdoor play.
We believe play is a vehicle for student learning, allowing meaningful interactions and conversation.Through play, Early Prep students learn to solve problems, persist through challenges, self-regulate, build vocabulary skills, and enhance their ability to learn.What to expect for your Early Prep Child:
- Daily Indoor Center Play including centers such as:
- Blocks & Building
- Toys and Games
- Sand and Water Activities
- Dramatic Play
- Daily Outdoor Recess Time
Prelude Prep has a robust civic education program that allows our students to engage with the school and the local community in meaningful ways. Our three-pillar approach includes:
- Growing for Giving
- All Prelude Prep students cultivate our school garden. Students grow food in our gardens, distributing it to our school and the local community.
- Community Service
- Prelude Prep students participate in quarterly service projects. Students study our greater community's needs and enact solutions to address the need.
- Student Government
- Our school-wide student government encourages students to share ideas and interests with school faculty and leadership. Students attend monthly town hall meetings where they vote on service projects, receive recognition for goals and achievements, participate in activities that build a strong school community, and learn from community leaders.