The Pre-Prep Program at Prelude is for PreK students. Our youngest students are immersed in an environment that allows them to develop the foundational academic and social skills to prepare them for life success.
A Window to the Classroom
Prelude PreK Classrooms are designed for hands-on, engaging learning! You will see:
- A large carpet for students to gather on to learn from the teacher
- Cozy classroom library with soft furniture to read and listen to books
- A discovery center with tools and materials to help students investigate
- A center full of blocks for building
- Painting Easel and Art Supplies
- Sand and Water Table
- Dramatic Play Center with a play kitchen, table, dress-up costumes, and dolls
- Toys such as cars and trucks, trains, animals, puppets, and playdough
- Hands-on materials to help students develop reading, writing, and math skills
- Student work and creations that showcase their learning
- Students learning from the teacher in a whole group, small groups, or individually
PreK at Prelude Prep is the only grade level that requires eligibility for the Free Program. To be eligible for tuition- free enrollment in a pre-kindergarten class, a child must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year and must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements below:
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program- see chart for qualification).
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Student must be tested and qualify as limited English proficient.
- Child of an active-duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority. Documentation must be provided.
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Child who has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
Students who are not eligible for the free program have the option to pay tuition. PreK is the only grade level with an eligibility requirement.